The Joys of Living a Poetic Life

Poetry is a threat if there are things in your system that are very hard to face because poetry is about being open and being spiritually, mentally, and emotionally well. A poetic life may mean sacrificing material overabundance, otherwise known as clutter, but you always sacrifice something, and to us, it's worth it.

Poetry is about consciousness and the pleasures of art. Other art forms can provide a bridge to your poetic self, if there are obstacles that need to be overcome. Yoga reestablishes and retrains breathing when parts of your natural self have been suppressed by a civilization that does not find those parts supportive of its values.

15.11.09

There Is No Way of Posting About Anything but...

the stunning fact that I am teaching at UBC in less than two weeks. What more is there to work towards? I can hardly want anything else. I am finished, done! That's it! Motives have lost all their reasons. Normality has gone extinct. There is nothing left to work out, nothing left to say. The End. What was I thinking before? It's a new world. I want for nothing. I care nothing for progress or emotion, change, development, growth. I think I am living some sort of alternative life. What's the point of these accessories without dresses to wear them with. Yet, there's nowhere to go back to. What happened to the world of the imagination? Where does it connect to reality and others? For, as Einstein said, "Science does not know the debt it owes to imagination." I am not living in my own world, and I am finished, but what shall I say?

4 comments:

  1. Yippee - YOU WIN :)
    Congratulations, it's a fantabulous development.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations! Do you teach creative writing by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't, Isis. I taught political history, that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it took me a year and three months to reply. I didn't see the comment and then blogger wouldn't let me write a return comment. :(

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MESSAGE:

Bing, bling, bungle, bing, loop de loop, chicken coop.

Followers

Pages

Monetary Feedback Option