The Joys of Living a Poetic Life

Poetry is a threat if there are things in your system that are very hard to face because poetry is about being open and being spiritually, mentally, and emotionally well. A poetic life may mean sacrificing material overabundance, otherwise known as clutter, but you always sacrifice something, and to us, it's worth it.

Poetry is about consciousness and the pleasures of art. Other art forms can provide a bridge to your poetic self, if there are obstacles that need to be overcome. Yoga reestablishes and retrains breathing when parts of your natural self have been suppressed by a civilization that does not find those parts supportive of its values.

18.1.10

Rant:Transformation

Transformation isn't an absolute good or an absolute anything. Being alive is a process of transformation we can't halt. One day I am a monkey gin, the next I'm a catastrophic nickety nack nack; one day or other I'm going to feel like June Cleaver, and that's going to be my worst nightmare though she had a pretty good face. What am I doing here? I don't know. It just happened. Diagnose me. I had a plan for my apartment, but I was a little vague on my life in a larger sense. Now I think I'm going to dance the elephant-leg dance all over the carpet, and I consider the lawn and the grass a carpet and that's a Worchestershire shimmery manse behind the stage there where I live up in a bird's nest, when I'm not dancing. Up in the nest I sing instead. You or me, either one of us would go out of our tree if we didn't do that. I'm snockered. It's January. That's meaningful. We're all running low on vitamin D. It matters. Vitamin D is spiritual. So, some of us are lucky enough to have safe, wonderful, warm places to curl up in our sleeping bags. We may have low expectations, but I'm glad I expected that, at least. It's a blessing, to be sure, and I love it, but where is the rest of my life?

1 comment:

WELCOME MESSAGE:

Bing, bling, bungle, bing, loop de loop, chicken coop.

Followers

Pages

Monetary Feedback Option